How to Maximize Summer Vacation
No more tests! School’s out!
We’ve compiled this list of seven productive things you can do during summer vacation:
- Reflect on the semester
- It doesn’t have to be done formally on paper (feel free to draw or map out your brain).
- Answer these three questions:
- What did I do well during this semester?
- What did I not do so well in the past semester?
- What will I do differently in the coming semester?
- Watch educational YouTube videos
- We know you have your favorite YouTubers out there, but you should also try to watch educational videos as well (e.g., TED talks, BrainPop, National Geographic)!
- Learn a new language
- With the plethora of social media and websites out there, you can try to pick up a new language over the summer!
- Giving back and working to improve your community can be very meaningful. Volunteer to help out at a nursing home or an animal shelter!
- Achieve an athletic goal
- Try doing five pull-ups in the morning and night.
- Try doing 20 push-ups a day.
- Try to run a mile in under 10 minutes.
- Try to hold a plank for a minute.
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- Go for a hike, have a picnic, or go out to a lake! Have fun being active.
- Improve your reading and writing skills
- Summer is a great time to expand your vocabulary and practice writing.
- Come up with a list of 5 to 10 books you want to read over the summer and keep a reading journal.